Dr Catherine Hood
Dr Catherine Hood, women’s health expert
Dr Catherine Hood is an Associate Specialist at St George's Hospital, London, specialising in woman’s health. For seven years she was the Clinical Tutor in Communication at the University of Oxford where she lectured the doctors of tomorrow and ran workshops to help them develop skills in talking to patients.
Dr Catherine Hood is a health broadcaster and writer and regularly appears on TV programmes such as The Wright Stuff discussing all aspects of general medicine.
Qualifications and appointments include:
- University of Oxford Clinical Medical School
- BA, BMBCh (Oxon) Physiological Sciences, Medicine
- Nuffield Department of Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford and Derriford Hospital, Plymouth.
- House officer in general surgery and orthopaedics, general medicine and clinical haematology (1994-1995)
- Senior house officer in genitourinary, general and chest medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, London and Hillingdon Hospital, Uxbridge (1995-1996)
- Medical Consultant to Oxford University Press: research into the ethics of medical photography and the internet; creation of a database of medical images within Oxford University; development of a multi-media version of ‘The Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine’, a widely consulted medical textbook (1996)
- Leader of the Dulverton Trust Project to develop consultation skills teaching in Oxford University and co-ordinate national links in the field of communications teaching
- Clinical Tutor in general practice, University of Oxford. Sift Fellow for faculty development Clinical Research Fellow, University of Oxford
- Clinical Lecturer in communication at ETHOX (The Oxford Centre for Ethics and Communication in Health Care Practice)
- Associate Specialist in genitourinary medicine, Courtyard Clinic, St George’s Hospital, Tooting, London
- Associate Specialist in women’s health and psychosexual medicine, Uxbridge Health Centre; St Charles Hospital,, London, part of Westminster PCT
- Supervision in Psychosexual Medicine, Institute of Psychosexual Medicine (2007)
- Practitioner course in Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT), Department of Psychotherapy, St Thomas’ Hospital, London (2007)
Women’s health expert
According to a new study just published1, 'strength training with dumbbells',... read more
Looking to do something on mouth cancer? Want to know the latest facts & stats, what... read more
Good dental care is fundamental in the management of metabolic syndrome1, a... read more